Patient Confidentiality/Privacy Statement
What information do we collect and why?
- In order to provide you with complete quality care we need to know about the state of your current health and your past medical history.
- Your basic contact details; full name, DOB, address and phone number. We require this information to identify you and contact you regarding appointments etc.
- Emergency contact details in case you suffer a medical episode at Riverside Dental Spa.
- We may require Medicare, DVA or private health fund details if you wish for us to process electronic claims on your behalf.
- For us to monitor our marketing and advertising strategies we may ask how you heard about Riverside Dental Spa. If you answer with word of mouth we may ask for the name of the person who recommended you to us as we would like to send them a small gesture to say thank you.
- Your email address may be required to confirm appointments, send you documents or promotional/information emails (you may opt out/unsubscribe at any time).
How do we protect your information?
- All information provided to us will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Australian Dental Associations ‘Privacy and Confidentiality Statement’ and also the relevant privacy laws such as; the Privacy Act 1988, the Privacy Amendment Act 2004 and the Health Records & Information Act 2002.
- All computers require passcodes to access any information.
- Our practice is fitted with a back to base alarm system which requires code access.
- Our server/internet has top grade firewalls/anti-virus software installed.
Do we disclose your information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or transfer your personal information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating/maintaining our business.
These trusted third parties may include though are not limited to;
- Praktika (online scheduler)
- Digital Appeal (IT support)
- AusWeb Design (website developer/website maintenance)
- Henry Schein Halas/Romexis (software/equipment company)
- Hunter Dental (dental equipment technicians)
- Mail chimp (email service)
With your verbal/signed consent your information may also be given to dental specialists whom we have referred you to or other dental practice in which you have requested for us to send your dental records to.
We may also release your records when required to comply with the law.
All new patients to Riverside Dental Spa must complete a personal/medical history information form prior to any treatment. Your signature/parent or guardians’ signature on the bottom of this form will be considered your written consent.