Anti-wrinkle injections are a safe, effective, and affordable way to rejuvenate the face and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The anti-wrinkle injections temporarily relax those facial muscles that cause wrinkles, producing a fresher, less tense appearance. They smooth out laughter lines around the eyes, frown lines between the eyebrows and creases on the forehead. This treatment is also effective in lifting the eyebrows and softening the jawline.
The effects usually last 3-4 months, in some people even longer. The most common side effect is minor bruising, occurring about 1 in 10 patients.
As well as the more common “upper face wrinkles”, these muscle relaxants can be used in the following areas:
- Masseter injection; the masseter muscles are on each side of the face and are used for chewing food. Clenching and grinding in some people cause these muscles to be over-developed. The aesthetic result is a wide face. Over time, relaxing these muscles cause a narrowing of the width of the face.
- Depressor Anguli Oris; the muscles that depress the angles of the mouth in a downward direction can be injected to reduce their effects and produce an elevation at the corners of the mouth.
- Gummy smile; Some people display a lot of the gum above their front teeth when they smile. By injecting into the muscles that lift the lip just beside the nose, you can cover the gums without affecting the natural smile
- Chin lift; the neck muscles play a significant role in pulling down the face, by releasing these muscles where they meet the jaw and below, the skin under the chin can return to its youthful position.
- Headache/Migraine/facial pain: Much of the pain felt in the face and head can be traced to overactive muscles. By targeting select muscles the pain is often completely, if temporarily eliminated.